Bing Webmaster tool Site is the second top list of webmaster tool only. Bing Webmaster Tools website is a free website tool to improve your site’s performance in search. It also allows webmaster to get access to free reports, tools and resources.
We have come to understand that majority of people do not even understand how to Verify Blogger owner on Bing Webmaster tool Site and that is the purpose of this article.
Here we are going to show you istep-by-step guide to verify Blogger owner on Bing Webmaster tool Site. All you have to do is follow the instruction as listed below.
STEP 1: OPEN A BING WEBMASTER TOOLS ACCOUNT
If you are new in Bing then you can open a free Bing Webmaster Tools account by going to the Bing Webmaster Tools sign-in or sign-up page. All you need is a Microsoft account. If you have a Hotmail or Outlook.com account then it means you likely already have a Microsoft account.
How to Create Bing Webmaster tools account
- To start visit; http://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster
- Click the “Sign up with Microsoft account
- File the form and submit
- Now you can login to the account
STEP 2: ADD & VERIFY YOUR WEBSITE
This use to be a problem to many people. But don’t worry because we are going to show all you should know here. Once you have a Bing Webmaster Tools account, you can add sites to your account. You can do so by entering the URL of your site into the Add a Site input box and clicking Add. Next, now Bing would like to verify that you are the owner of the website. There are three ownership verification methods. Click the option best suited for your site and follow the on-screen instructions:
- Option 1: XML file authentication: click BingSiteAuth.xml to save the an XML file to your computer. This file contains your personal verification code. Next, upload the file to the root folder of the site you are trying to add.
- Option 2: Meta tag authentication: Copy the displayed <meta> tag with your personal verification code to the clipboard. Then open your registered site’s default page (the home page) in your web development environment editor and paste the provided code at the end of the <head> section. Lastly, save and upload the revised default page containing the new <meta> tag to your site.
- Option 3: Add a CNAME record to DNS: This option requires access to your domain hosting account. Inside that account, edit the CNAME record to hold the provided verification code (a series of numbers and letters) we have provided you. When done ensure the information is saved.
But I normally makes use of the option 2. So I advice you to also use the option too
All you do right now is copy the marked part of that code and paste it here;
- just as the image has explaned, click “Template”
- Click the “edit HTML”
- Locate the <head> and press your enter key once
- then place the code there and then
- Click “save template”
I believe this is all you should know on how to do this.
Now go back to Bing webmaster tools and click “Verify site”
You have just learnt “How to Verify Blogger owner on Bing Webmaster tool Site”. We teach so that you can also teach others.