An intimate way to share the android phone’s digital cellular is to connect the phone directly to your computer and activate the tethering feature. Tethering is a solid way to provide internet access to your laptop or desktop computer. Tethering is also a term given to connecting your phone via USB, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi to your computer and using the internet connectivity from the phone to provide an internet connection to the computer. For Android users, to tether android phone internet to pc is simple to setup and it has benefit.
Tethering Android phone internet to your laptop, desktop will give you a massive advantage. The data may be faster than the public Wi-Fi in your favorite café, faster than the public Wi-Fi in your school, and institutions. In case you lost your modem or that you forgot your modem somewhere, to tether android phone internet to pc is a good advantage. This option is also good for those who do not have a modem. Tethering can use a lot of battery, we recommend that you plug in your devices while tethering
Methods to tether Android phone internet to pc
This site will help you on how to tether Android phone internet to your pc both with USB cable and Tethering with Wi-Fi.
Steps to tether Android phone internet to PC via USB cable
A USB cable provides the fastest connection speed. However, USB tethering is (officially) only available on windows. Below are the steps on how to setup internet tethering using USB cable
- Connect the phone to a computer or laptop by using the USB cable.
- Open the settings app.
- Click on more, and then click on Tethering and mobile Hotspot.
- Click on USB Tethering and also
- Click on portable WLAN Hotspot
- Place a check mark by the USB Tethering item. Internet Tethering is activated.
For window XP users it is advisable that you download a configuration file first before you can be able to set up an internet tether using USB cable. While Mac users can install third-party drivers on their laptop to enable USB tethering, ones this done the next thing is to connect your phone to the other device, a USB icon and a connection as notification will appear at the top of the screen, open your device’s settings app, tap network & internet, click Hotspot & tethering, And turn on your USB tethering.
Steps to tether Android phone internet to PC via WiFi
WiFi provides a fast connection and can support up to ten devices. However, it drains the battery very quickly. Below are the steps on how to setup internet tethering using WiFi.
- Open the settings app.
- Under the wireless section click on more.
- Click on Tethering & portable hotspot
- Click on portable WLAN hotspot
- A hotspot notification should appear. Tap the notification and select “set upWiFi hotspot”. And create your password.
- On your laptop, turn on WiFi and select your phone’s network. And enter your password in the space provided to you. Your laptop WiFi is located at the taskbar.
Hope this page has given you the right information you needed?
We also hope to hear from you, kindly use the comment box below if any questions.