Register Business with CAC in Nigeria – Requirements and Registration Guide
Corporate Affairs Commissions is the Agency empowered by the Company and Allied Matters Act 1990, Pursuant to section 659 to register businesses operation in Nigeria. It is the requirement of the law that you should register your business if you wants to do legitimate business in Nigeria. Don’t you think you can register your business in Nigeria at your own convenience? Then it is good to know How to Register Business with CAC In Nigeria.
However, CAC helps one secure his/her company’s name before someone else registers it. It is possible to try both your first and second choice name but all to no avail and also considering fact that the stress one go through in registering the name. The Steps on How to Register Business with CAC in Nigeria are stated below.
How To Register Business with CAC in Nigeria
- How to Choose Your Business Name
To choose your business name follow the procedures below;
- First of all proceed to the CAC official website http://new.cac.gov.ng/home/
- Ensure you sign up as a new customer and enter all relevant detailed information appropriately.
- Afterwards, click on any name that you will like to make as your business name and avoid any phrase or opinion that is over used and betrays a lack of original thought.
- The next thing to do is to fill in the appropriate phone number and email address
- Then click on ”Submit”
Note: The form submission will cost #500 which will be paid using your ATM card, Master, Visa, Verve e.t.c. Also, the business name entered will be approved within two working days but if unfortunately it is unapproved use another name.
- How to Register Your Business Name
Here are requirements and procedures for registration;
- If business name approved, log into your account, click ”Action’’ and download the letter of approval, write down the approval number.
- Go to the CAC official website and click on ”Registration” and insert the number in the space provided
- Proceed to click on enter. (Ensure you register with three nature of business in order to bet another business name in future.
- Fill the form appropriately and avoid mistakes.
- You will be asked to make additional copy and document. Only Limited Liability Company are required to make the copy.
- In registering business name, #5.000 is to be paid using your ATM Card.
- Guide and Requirements for final Registration.
- Go ahead to download, print and make two copies of all receipt paid from Remittal and CAC, Approved business name.
- All form received when payment were made online
- Finally you have to take all documents and two passport photographs to be paid in any CAC Skye bank Account.
- Then go to the CAC Office for final approval.
We believe this article on How To Register Business with CAC in Nigeria has being able to explain how to go about the online registration.