Applicant are here by instruction to follow the right steps to take while applying for the PSN Interns Recruitment. This opportunity is opened to candidate who has the qualifications and experience that is the listed below.
PSN Interns Recruitment at Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
How to Apply for PSN Interns Recruitment Programme
- This successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to test academic knowledge in real-life conflict scenarios, under the guidance of a highly professional team.
- The intern will further advance his/her knowledge in the program area and build interest in the field.
- He/she will also gain understanding of the skills and knowledge required for success in a global workplace.
- The intern will also develop decision-making and critical thinking skills, increase confidence and self-esteem.
Essential Job Functions
- The PSN intern will be a motivated learner and a passionate activist for the improvement of the peace and security situation in Nigeria and for the role of civil society in this context.
- This will be an opportunity for a committed worker to learn about coordination and the development sector in general, while developing research, analytical, communication and organizational skills.
- The intern will remain responsible for all costs associated with:
Housing and personal living expenses
Life and health insurance cover
All other expenses not specified as a responsibility of the organization
Specific Duties for PSN Interns Recruitment
- Facilitate communication between PSN members and follow up regularly for updates and contributions.
- Assist in mobilizing PSN members, preparing meetings and taking minutes.
Organize logistics for trainings, workshops, events and other PSN activities.
- Update and maintain contact lists and knowledge sharing platforms.
- File and archive information and documentation of PSN’s activities.
- Maintain PSN calendars (internal and external).
- Draft agendas and circulate to the identified recipient lists.
- Compile links to relevant media, reports, assessments, etc. from identified key sources.
- Follow up pending action points within PSN members.
- Support in updating PSN Workplan and Advocacy Strategy.
- Engage with external partners on relevant topics.
- Under the supervision of PSN Manager, will work with external partners (NGOs, donors, Government, etc.) to plan/facilitate partnerships.
- Collect, organize and disseminate information from members of the PSN on peace and security issues.
- Research on key principles, standards and best practices in conflict analysis, conflict management, peace messaging, peacebuilding, C/PVE etc.
- Potential field visits to collect information on current and potential PSN members at field level.
- Mapping of project activities.
Knowledge and Experience to be gotten in PSN Interns Recruitment
- Advanced University Degree in Political Science, International Relations, Journalism, Social Sciences, Peace building, Conflict Management, International Development or related Technical field (minimum Bachelor’s degree).
- Written and spoken fluency in English. Knowledge of Hausa is a plus.
- Willingness to learn and interest in peace and security related fields.
- Excellent writing, editing and analytical skills and ability to formulate well-targeted documents.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.
- Flexibility in terms of office hours.
- Experience in an NGO (local or international) or research institution.
- Knowledge of and contacts in Nigerian NGOs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to connect messages and content into stories easily understood by a broad audience.
- Regularly monitor conflict indices and events across the country and record them in the Mercy
- Corps Violent Incidents Tracker (VIT) for the conflict management program.
- Provide support in new program design and development.
Application Procedures for PSN Interns Recruitment
- Applicants should go ahead to submit their CV’s and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: [email protected]mercycorps.org
We will be glad to have your comment on PSN Interns Recruitment Programme. Better still share to Friends.