NYSC Batch A 2018 Registration Guideline – Registration In Progress
This is to inform all prospective Corps Members (PCMs) that NYSC registration portal is now open for all prospective Corps Members to apply. The registration portal was opened on 28th March and it will be closing on 8th April 2018. This article NYSC Batch A 2018 Registration Guideline have been written to help you through the registration process.
Many corps members have faced a lot of things due to the mistakes made during registration. Many of them uploaded wrong pictures and input wrong data which have made it hard to get their details form their institution.
Although if you make any of the above mistakes it can be corrected, but mistakes are better not made. NYSC Batch A 2018 Registration Guideline is as follow.
NYSC Batch A 2018 Registration Procedures
Below are complete guide for you to register for NYSC Batch A 2018 section.
Tips on NYSC Batch A 2018 Registration
The following tips will help you run a successful registration and avoid mistakes.
- Endeavor not to Thumb Print by proxy (never you allow someone to thumb print for you).
- Ensure that you upload a clear and sharp passport photograph.
- Use what you are conversant with as your username and password (write it down somewhere to avoid forgetting it).
- If you made mistakes in your name, apply for corrections of spelling and rearrangement of names onyoudashboard. Note that this is still ongoing even after orientation.
- Check your details before submission to avoid mistakes. Please review your info
How to Register
All interested persons should check NYSC Online Registration Procedure and Requirements as stated below
In order to ensure a seamless registration, Prospective Corps Members (PCM) are to note the following for strict compliance:
- PCM should ensure that they have functional e-mail addresses that they can access and Nigerian (GSM) telephone numbers with which to register.
- Locally trained PCM are expected to use correct Matriculation numbers to register.
- For locally-trained graduates, only those whose names appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their Institutions will have access to the register on the NYSC portal.
- Foreign-trained PCM should ensure that their Institutions are accredited. Where in doubt, it is their responsibility to approach Federal Ministry of Education for verification. The letter of verification must be uploaded during registration.
- Those who graduated from Institutions outside Nigeria, (Foreign-trained graduates), are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
- West African School Certificate(WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or General Certificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or Ph.D not necessary).
- Transcript of the first Degree or HND.
- International travelling Passport showing data page and date of departure for the course of study.
- It is the responsibility of the prospective corps members who studied in non-English speaking countries to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into English language before uploading.
- All graduates of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Physiotheraphy, Radiology, Optometry, Medical Laboratory Science and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with their professional bodies. Payment receipts are not acceptable.
- Unlike in the past, Foreign-trained graduates should NOT visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of their documents. This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. They should simply print their call-up letters on-line and report at the Orientation camps in their States of deployment, but should come to the camp with the original documents they uploaded for verification.
- Anybody who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped.
- Prospective corps members should ensure that Passport photographs used meet the following specifications:
- Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth and jaw) is fully shown without bending
- Ensure the picture fills the frame and centralized
- Ensure the Photo background is white or off-white with no shadow.
- On no account should prospective corps members register by PROXY. They should also remember the fingers used for their biometric capturing as these will be used for verification at the orientation camps. Those who cannot be verified with their biometric at the orientation camp will not be registered.
- Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters on-line are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) (see NYSC Portal on how to make payment).
- PCM who do not want to pay the N3,000.00 have the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letters.
- All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration before but were not mobilized need not pay again.
- Married female prospective corps members (whether locally or foreign-trained) should upload copies of their marriage Certificates, evidence of Change of name and their husbands’ place of domicile during registration.
- The orientation camp is highly not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Prospective corps members in this categoriy are therefore to note that they will not be accommodated.
- All Part-time graduates are expected to register online and wait for collection of their Letter of Exclusion at their various Institutions. For those willing to print the Letter of Exclusion online, this can be done on payment of Three Thousand Naira (N3, 000.00) only.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE THE PORTAL IS CLOSED ON 8th April 2018, THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER REGISTRATION.
NYSC Batch A 2018 Registration Guide – I hope the guide will help you run a successful registration but if you encounter any problem. Use the comment box below to notify us, I and my team is ready to help you out.
Get complete update on NYSC by visiting our blog regularly.
Newsyarena is an informative blog created to inform you and help by giving recent update. We can serve you better if you subscribe to our free mail update. Get information while is still relevant.