Many people have been asking questions about Nigerian navy ranking and salary structure. How much do navy officer earn? How is their ranking? That is why I have decided to write this post Nigerian Navy salary and ranking. A lot of researches have been made to get Nigerian Navy salary structure even though their information is hardly disclosed.
Nigerian Navy salaries are paid according to their ranking from the highest to the lowest. If you are interested in joining Nigerian Navy I advice you to visit their recruitment portal which is www.joinnigeriannavy.com. follow the registration process. Fill the form required and possibly write test if you are on the successful list of those that passed the Nigerian navy exams, you have the opportunity of being selected at the interview.
Salary Structure and Positions In Nigerian Navy
In Nigerian Navy we have two categories, Commissioned and non commissioned officers. commissioned officers are of high reputation than non – commissioned officers. Nigerian Navy salary structure and ranking are as below.
Nigerian Navy Ranks for commissioned officers
This is the commissioned officers category. This is the main category that controls Nigerian Navy. Below are 12 major rank in Nigerian Navy, their position is explain below. Commissioned officers are the risk bearer and decision makers in Nigerian Navy. They accord more respect than non – commissioned officers.
- Admiral of the Fleet: He may be called called Grand Admiral. The title refres to the naval officier of the highest rank.
- Admiral: It is usually connected to Chief Naval staff
- Vice-Admiral: It is senior commissioned naval flag officer rank. It is the same as Lieutenant general.
- Rear Admiral Commodore: He is a commissioned Officer
- Captain: He is one of the senior Officer in Navy
- Commander: It’s a middle naval category.
- Lieutenant Commander
- Lieutenant: It refers to commissioned officer rank. Besides, it is usually the most senior of junior officer
- Sub-Lieutenant: It is a deputy to the previous rank and subordinate to it.
- Acting Sub-Lieutenant
- Mid-Shipman: It is someone, who is being trained to become a commissioned officer
Nigerian Navy Ranks for non-commissioned officers
This is a part in Nigerian Navy ranking led by the highest person Warrant Chief Petty Officer. Below are the ranking involved this category. They are listed in the order of their seniority. This category is called non-commissioned officers.
- Warrant Chief Petty Officer
- Chief Petty Officer
- Petty Officer
- Leading Rating
- Able Rating
- Ordinary Rating
Nigerian Navy Ranking And Salary Structure – Amount Earned
The following are salaries been earned by Nigerian Naval officer. Although we don’t have complete salary scheme for all the Naval officer.
- Admiral in the Nigerian Navy is paid on yearly basis N16,303,140
- Vice Admiral is paid on yearly basis a total of ₦13,363,229
- Real-Admiral is paid on yearly basis a total of ₦12,038,945
- Commodore is paid on yearly basis a total of ₦7,385,856
- Captain is paid on yearly basis a total of N3,715,859
- Commander is paid on yearly basis a total of ₦3,380,086
We will like to hear from you on Nigerian Navy Ranking And Salary Structure use the comment box below to share your thought and ask your questions.
If you are interested in working with navy we request that you drop your email address and phone number. We will inform you when the form is out.