Nigeria has received received a total of 3.92 million doses of the corona-virus vaccine became the third country in West Africa to receive Corona-virus vaccine and has immediately kick start the process on how to get every citizen received the jab. This post will guide you through on the Nigeria Covid-19 Vaccine registration process.
Nigeria Covid-19 Vaccine
Corona-virus vaccine is the cure developed to train immune system to produce antibodies which can help fight against Corona-virus diseases. It is not a panacea to the pandemic but it will greatly reduce the disease and its spread.
What are the Benefits of Coronavirus Vaccine
- It prevents spreading the COVID-19 virus to others
- It increases the number of people in the community who are protected from getting
- It makes it difficult Covid-19 to spread and contributing to herd immunity
- The vaccine prevents Covid-19 virus from spreading and replicating.
What is COVAX
COVAX is one of three pillars of the Access to COVID-19 Tools (ACT) Accelerator, which was launched in April by the World Health Organization (WHO), the European Commission and France in response to this Coronavirus pandemic. It is a conglomerate of organizations and individuals armed with the aim of providing innovative and equitable access to COVID-19 diagnostics, treatments and vaccines.
What is COVAX Facility
COVAX Facility is the holistic arrangement made by COVAX to allow people in participating countries to get access to COVID-19 vaccines quickly, fairly and safely. It is the world’s largest Coronavirus vaccine portfolio and it avails participating countries to get access to the world class vaccine and actively manage it.
Also Read: Western Union Online Account Login | Sign in to transfer and receive Fund via Western Union
Which Agency is Responsible for Administering Covid-19 Vaccine in Nigeria
Federal Ministry of Health through the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) is responsible for administering corona-virus vaccine in Nigeria.
What are the Role of the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA)
NPHCDA roles include:
- Providing support to the National Health Policy for the development of Primary Health Care.
- Providing technical support for planning, management and implementation of Primary Health Care.
- Mobilizing resources nationally and internationally for the development of Primary Health Care.
- Providing support for monitoring and evaluation of the National Health Policy.
- Promoting health manpower development needed for Primary Health Care through orientation and continuing education.
- Providing support to the Village Health System by training Village Health Workers.
- Promoting Health System Research by promoting and supporting problem-oriented health system research.
- Promoting technical collaboration by stimulating Universities, NGOs and International Agencies.
- Providing annual reports on the status of Primary Health Care implementation nationwide.
What are the Arrangements Made by NPHCDA to Administer Covid-19 Vaccine to Nigerians
The agency has developed two steps in administering Covid-19 vaccine in the country. This is to bring orderliness to the process and also duly follow the Covid-19 guidelines.
1. Online Registration: This is the first step in getting vaccinated. The agency have created an online portal for this process which you need to duly register and pick a date you will like to be administered, after which you will proceed for the vaccination proper.
2. Physical Vaccination: This is the second stage in which you will get vaccinated. You will go to the center designated for you to receive the vaccine.
How to Register for Covid-19 Vaccine Online
Before you proceed for the registration, you need an internet enabled device; phone,laptop or computer and data to access the site.
What do you need for the Registration
- Passport Photograph
- Email address
- Government issued ID
Steps to fill the Covid-19 Online form
Step 1: Lunch your browser and log on to https://nphcda.gov.ng
Step 2: On the homepage, click on the “menu” button at the top right corner
Step 3: You will see drop icon, click “Covid-19 Vaccination e-Registration”
Step 4: Fill in your personal information
Step 5: Fill in your phone number
Step 6: Fill in your email address
Step 7: Upload your passport photograph
Step 8: Fill in other information required ( endeavour to fill the correct response all through)
Step 9: After you’ve entered all information required, you will be required to type in a code to complete your registration process.
Step 10: You will receive a message on your phone that your registration has been completed
Step 11: You will also receive Vaccination ID. Keep it, it will be needed at the vaccination center
Who are Eligible for Covid-19 Vaccination
Every Nigerian is eligible for vaccination but the agency stated that this category of people will be given priority:
- Health Workers
- Oil and gas workers
- Customs workers
- Strategic leader
When will Nigeria Commence her Covid-19 Vaccination
The online registration has started and physical vaccination begins on 5th March, 2021
Tags: Vaccine, Covid-19, Vaccination, Nigeria, WHO, COVAX, Registration
Leave a Reply