NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes – 2017 | Home Finishing Skills
NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes seeks to develop and deliver training, under the supervision of world class experts from the UK, for 100 qualified participants, in the first instance. This programme will be based on the requirements taken from relevant UK occupational standards and associated qualifications which will be contextualized to meet the requirements in Nigeria. Development of the curriculum and supporting materials undertaking scoping and development is by ESI. Meaning that the original materials will be supplied, plus a limited number of copies for distribution to the funding agencies. All student copies will be printed in country on demand.
Niger Delta Development Commision NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes also is structured to address and fill the yawning gap of skilled craftsmen and craftsmanship in finishing of construction projects, especially homes and offices in Nigeria. In other words, the aim is to provide an opportunity for young people and artisans to develop improved work skills and knowledge (up-skilling) and to enable participants to significantly improve their chances of gaining long term employment and sustainable business opportunities in their chosen craft.
How to Apply for NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes
Occupations and Duties
The following are the different NDDC NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes occupation that is to be carried out as regards the duty;
- P. O. P Ceiling Installation
- Floor Tiling
- Electrical Wiring
Proposed Timeframe/ Date of Commencement
- The training programme is planned to last 4 weeks, with student/participants attending other development activities. The activity is to commence from 10th January, 2018 to 10th February, 2018.
Student Cohort/ Benefit
- It is anticipated that there will be 100 students per cycle. Students will have some skills, knowledge and competence of the subject matter.
- All training, assessment and materials to be in the English language.
- School Cert, City & Guilds or above in relevant crafts.
- Hands-on knowledge of and experience in specific trade/skill is required.
- Only practicing tradesmen and women will be considered.
- Those who have no working experience in above stated skill areas need not apply. Candidates must hail from the Niger Delta Region.
- Delivery location and training center will be at The Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria. The precise training format will be a mix of practical workshop based teaching of skills and knowledge, coupled with work-simulated competence assessment.
NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes Delivery
- The programme will be delivered in-country by ESI International Skills Partnership Exchange Programme qualified trades tradesmen/women. Each expert will deliver the programme in total per subject, spread over 4 weeks.
- This high impact, intensive skills teaching and competence assessed approach will ensure that students will receive the skills and knowledge they require to achieve the required skills standards. Teaching and assessments will take place in appropriate teaching classrooms/workshops at The Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri, Imo State.
- In addition, students will be taught work ready/employability skills as an integrated part of the programme. These skills will better equip students to see long term employment and business opportunities.
Capacity Building Benefit Package
- During the initial tranche of activity, a programme of in-country capacity and capability building will be developed. This will be designed to provide top achieving students with an opportunity to become the trainers of the future.
- Through on the job coaching and mentoring, the chosen students will have the opportunity to be invited to the UK to be trained as teachers, learning training skills so that in time, they can run the programme in country without the need for UK trainers on site.
- Certificates will be issued to students upon satisfactory achievement of all the skills assessment criteria.
Closing Date For Applications
- All Applications closes on the 8th December, 2017.
How to Apply Online for NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes
- Go to http://www.nddc.gov.ng/skillls_homefinishing to fill the application form
- Then click ‘Apply’
- You will be redirected to where you will fill your informations (ensure you fill them correctly)
- After you must have filled your personal details, proceed to upload your passport and your certificate of origin. (should be gif format and file size must be less than 50kb (preferably 250 pixels by 250 pixels)
- Once you are done uploading, click on ‘Continue’
- Click Here for More Info
Note: Online forms that require document upload are best done with high speed 3g internet connections. Slow connections could lead to errors at the point of submission.
Let us here from you if you still have issue on NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes.