The national open university of Nigeria is a federal open and distance learning (ODL) institution, the first of its kind in the West African sub-region. It is Nigeria’s largest tertiary institution in terms of the numbers and it is popularly referred to as NOUN. The National Open University was initially established on 22 July 1983 as a springboard for open and distance learning in Nigeria. it was suspended by the government on 25 April 1984.
However, it was later reopened under the government of former president Olusegun Obasanjo in the year 2001. In 2011, the national open university of Nigeria had about 57,759 students. The vice chancellor at the time was Prof. Vincent Tenebe. The university was for years operating from its Administrative Headquarters in Victoria Island, Lagos, before its current VC, Professor Abdalla Uba Adamu, moved it to its permanent headquarters in Jabi, Abuja, in 2016. It has over 75 study centers throughout the country. And it offers over 50 programmes and 750 courses.
How to Register on NOUN Students Portal
- After obtaining your matric number
- Pay your NOUN registration fees at any bank that NOUN University makes use of and obtain receipts that contain your registration Transaction ID.
- Once you have done that, next thing is to log into NOUN portal https://www.nounonline.com to access your students’ portal account to continue your registration.
- On the home page of the portal, click on “student login” on the Menu bar.
- Click on the register.
- Input the required details in the fields provided.
- Click on submit
After the submission of your details, you will receive a successful message, “you have successfully created an account”
How to pay for your school fees
- Click on “login” on the menu bar.
- Enter your matric number and the password you created when registering to log in.
- Go to “Manage Wallet”
- Click on “load Wallet”
- Enter the details and the number of school fees you are to pay.
- Click on Pay.
- You will be provided with a Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number, copy it and take it to my any bank branch for payment.
- After you must have paid, go back to the portal and log in.
- After logging in, click on “Manage Wallet”
- Click on “check payment status”
- Enter your matric number and the RRR number you used to pay at the bank.
- Click on “check wallet payment”
Once your payment is confirmed, proceed to do your registration by:
- Going back to the portal and login, click on register
- Select the semester you wish to register for and enter the details needed in the required fields.
- Click on submit and proceed with a course and exam registration.
How to register courses
- Login to the students’ portal.
- At the left-hand sides of the page click on course registration.
- You will be directed to a page where you will be able to select the courses you want to register
- Select the courses you wish to register by ticking them.
- After ticking the courses that you wish to register, click on “Add courses” and click continue.
- A new page will pop up, which would display NOUN course registration.
- Click o Register Course” to register the courses you selected.
How to check Results
- Login to the students portal and click on “Courses”
- Select my “Results”.
- The next page would display all your results from the very first semester of your current semester.
Leave a comment below…