MTN 4G LTE Service | How to Upgrade your Sims to 4G – See 4G Subscriptions
Following the acquisition of Visafone by MTN earlier in 2016, they have launched their 4G network and makes data plans available for Nigerians, Their 4G LTE is now available in all states and to use MTN 4G LTE service, you must be using a compatible phone and Usim.
To make things easier for its subscribers/users, MTN Nigeria makes available a short message code that can easily be used to confirm if your Smartphone is compatible or not. To know if your sim is a Usim and your device is 4G compatible, simply send SMS containing “4G” and send it to 131 from your mobile device. You will then receive an SMS informing you that your Sim or device is 4G/LTE ready.
What then is 4G LTE means? LTE means long-term evolution and it stands for the 4th generation of telecommunications technology which offers a very high data speeds. With MTN 4G LTE service you can enjoy HD video streaming without buffing, video calls, superfast downloads, online gaming e.t.c
How to upgrade MTN 4G LTE Service
- Check your sim to find out if its compatible by sending 4G to 131. You will get a response that will tell you if your sim is compatible. If not, you need to visit nearest MTN store or partner retailer for assistance.
- Check if your device is 4G compatible. You may verify this through the manufacturer manual or simply check over the internet. Please note that any device that supports band 7 (2600MHZ) is 4G compatible.
- Confirm if your location is 4G converged by visiting mtnonline.com/4G to confirm that.
- Ensure you have the normal MTN internet settings on your phone.
- And, ensure that you have data balance on your line.
- Turn on your 4G network on your device under network settings.
- You can now enjoy the super fast internet access and download.
Note that the 4G internet signal will come up on your phone once it is connected
How to See MTN 4G Data Plans and Subscribe From The List
If you have confirmed your phone is compatible with MTN 4G network and have gotten yourself a 4g sim card, dial *444# to check and choose MTN 4g plan suitable for you.