MoneyGram is a global provider of innovative money transfer and payment services. Moneygram is one of the largest payment transfer companies in the world. With online and in-person options, it’s easy to send or receive money anywhere around the globe. But when you send money, being able to track that payment provides a sense of security.
With Moneygram, you can send or receive money from any part of the world. Learn how to send money and receive money through Moneygram.
How to send money through Moneygram online
- First thing is to visit their official website and create an account
- Select a receiver, and input the amount of money you wish to send them. Describe who the money transfer should go to, how they want to receive the money.
- Choose how to pay, either to transfer the money online directly from your bank account, or by using a debit or credit card.
- You will need to provide a little information about yourself so that they can verify your identity, then review your order and then send.
How to send money in person through MoneyGram
- To send money in person, you need to first locate MoneyGram locations near you.
- You should bring your identification; have the receiver’s information with you, the name and location, the amount you want to send.
- Next thing is to provide information to the agent, the amount you want to send. You can see that to send money through MoneyGram is very simple.
Note: you should give your eight-digit reference number to your receiver for easy pickup.
How to receive money through MoneyGram
- Visit a MoneyGram location. Remember to bring your reference number and personal identification.
- After that a form will be given to you at any MoneyGram location, complete the receiver form at the location and hand the completed form to the MoneyGram agent to receive your money.
Note: You may be required to provide personal identification, usually one or more of the following:
- Driving license
- National identity card or
- Government-issued identification
Requirements vary by country and agent. Please contact your local MoneyGram agent in advance for information about their process and procedures.
Please note, your name on the transfer record must exactly match your name as it appears on your official ID.
How to Track your MoneyGram Transaction
You can track the status of your transfer in two different ways. If you’ve created an online account, it’s easy to log in and view your transaction history. If you don’t have an online account, you can still visit the Money gram site and use their Track a Transfer tool. Use your authorization or reference number. You can also use this tool to check the status if you are receiving a payment.
Use the Authorization Number
When you send money using Money Gram, you will receive a unique tracking number called the Authorization number, which you can find in the confirmation email you receive after submitting the transaction.
Once the transaction is successfully sent, you’ll also receive a Reference number. You can use either the Authorization number or Reference number to check the status of your transfer. In addition, you need the last name of the sender (You).
If you lose either of these numbers, you can call MoneyGram’s customer service number (1-800-926-9400). Give them the sender’s phone number or the receiver’s name along with the send date or amount in order to obtain the reference number.
Please note: If you suspect fraud on a transaction that has not yet been received, please contact Money Gram Customer Care Center at 1-800-926-9400 in order to have the transaction canceled immediately.
Leave a comment in the box below…