There are many scholarships abound for international students in Japan. Most of which are state-funded while others are funded by host universities or public or private organizations and individuals. This article has helped compiled the List Of the Top 15 Fully-Funded Scholarship In Japan For International Students.
List Of Top 15 Fully-Funded Scholarship In Japan
Japan is an island country located in the northwest Pacific Ocean. It consists of many islands, some of which are Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu and Shikoku. Japan is an Asian country close to Korea, Russia and China. The largest city which is also the capital city and the national language is Japanese.
Japan’s total population 125.41 million, which made it the eleventh-most populous country in the world, and one of the most densely populated and urbanized. It is using unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy system.
The economy of Japan is a highly developed free-market economy and it is the third-largest in the world. It is as well the fourth-largest by purchasing power parity. Japan is known worldwide for its traditional arts, including tea ceremonies, calligraphy and flower arranging. It has several UNESCO World Heritage sites and is the birthplace of sushi, one of its most famous.
The country takes priority in education. It is compulsory for children to go to school from primary school down to junior high school, which lasted for 9 years. Every child is considered in the system. It has world-class tertiary institutions that offer bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD and the likes and teaching and learning are modern and geared towards real-world applications.
Reasons to Study in Japan
There are lots of reasons to study in one of the List Of Top 15 Fully-Funded Scholarship In Japan
1. High Standard Educational System: The educational system of Japan is top-ranked with 10 of the universities among the top 200 in the world. It is credited to be the home of the highest Nobel Prize winners in the Asia continent. The country openly welcome international students and learning are modern and practical.
2. Good Economy: The country is a developed country and one of the world power. It is standing as the world 3rd largest economy and 3rd largest automobile manufacturers in the world. There are lots of opportunities for foreigners as well as students to works, even with big organizations in the world market.
3. Peaceful and Safe: The country is peaceful and one of the safest place to live in the world, with a low crime rate. Aside from this, it has one of the most advanced health care systems in the world.
4. Low Tuition Fees and Generous Scholarships: Japan offers a world-class learning experience and even with that its tuition fee is comparatively cheap. There are also many scholarships available for Japanese students and international students, most of which are fully funded. Students can either study in English or the Japanese language.
5. Rich culture: The Japanese culture is very unique and rich in its diversity and so international students have the privilege of experiences a rich culture while they study in the country. It is home to martial arts and there many fashion and crafts which you will develop an interest in. Japan is just another world you need to be in.
Basic Requirements to Study in Japan
Below are the necessary requirements needed to study in the List Of Top 15 Fully-Funded Scholarship In Japan are;
- You must have secured admission into an accredited tertiary institution in the country.
- You must have a study visa.
- You must have a valid international passport.
- You must have a Japanese or English Proficiency test.
- You must be ready to live in Japan.
- You must be in good health.
- You must be free from crime.
List Of Top 15 Fully-Funded Scholarship In Japan For International Students
1. Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP): The Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) is aimed at providing an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region. Up to 140 graduates are selected annually. The programme is fully funded which covers full tuition fees, monthly allowance, books and instructional materials, medical insurance and travel expenses. Beneficiaries are expected to go back to their respective countries at the end of the study.
2. Mabuchi International Scholarship Foundation: The Mabuchi International Scholarship Foundation in Japan is open for International Students. It is only a Master’s programme and all the courses at the University of Tsukuba Japan can be taken. Beneficiaries are expected to have Japanese language proficiency. The scholarship worth ¥100,000 per month.
3. Hokkaido University Japanese Language and Culture Studies Program: This scholarship programme is established to improve students’ Japanese language proficiency in order to enable them to interact with Japanese speakers and to conduct research in Japanese and acquire basic knowledge and methodology for Japanese studies. It is a one year program and applicants must be 18 and not more than 29 at the time of application and must have a Japanese Language Proficiency Test. This award worths ¥117,000 per month.
4. Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Programme: The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Programme (JJ/WBGSP) is a Master’s programme open for international students in developing countries who have required professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development. The course to be taken would be development-related. It is a fully-funded programme and beneficiaries are expected to return back to their country to choose what has been learnt to develop their home country.
5. Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship at Yokohama National University: This World Bank sponsored programme is open for all international students. It is only a Masters programme that will be taken at Yokohama National University with a focus on Infrastructure development courses. Each beneficiary will be provided tuition fees, a monthly allowance mostly between ¥150, 000 to ¥170, 000, a round-trip air ticket to Japan plus a travel allowance, entrance examination fee, admission fee, and insurance. Courses will be taken in English, thus applicants must provide Official English Proficiency Test Scores (TOEFL/IELTS).
6. Scholarships Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship, University Of Tsukuba: This is a Masters only programme sponsor by the World Bank which will be taken at the University of Tsukuba, Japan. The courses available under this scholarship are Economics and Public Policy. The award which is fully funded covers full tuition fees, monthly allowance, medical insurance and travel expenses.
7. Scholarships SATO YO International Scholarship Foundation Program At Kyushu University: This program is open for students from developing countries who wish to study in Japan for Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree and PhD. All courses offered at the university are available under this scholarship. It worth ¥150,000 a month for undergraduate studies and ¥180,000 per month for graduate studies.
8. Kyoto University Of Advanced Science Undergraduate Scholarships: The University of Advanced Science Undergraduate Scholarships is a programme open for international students who wish to study in Japan. It is open all for countries and all courses in the university can be taken. The scholarship covers a stipend for personal expenses worth ¥100,000 per month, full tuition and admission fee waiver.
9. GIGA Scholarships for Undergraduate Students – Keio University, Japan: This scholarship is open for undergraduate students as well as graduate students worldwide to take any of the courses offered in the university. The scholarship mainly gives scholarships to individuals who are exceptional in their academic career and it is a fully-funded scholarship worth a million Japanese Yen per year.
10. Japan Waseda University Scholarships: Japan Waseda University Scholarships is open for all international students both undergraduate land and graduate to study at the university. All courses offered at the institution can be taken. Annually, five exceptional students are selected for the award that worth ¥48,000 per month.
11. Japanese Government MEXT Undergraduate Australian Students: This program is exclusively for Australian students residing in Australia. It is only an undergraduate program that is expected to be taken at the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. The field of courses available is Social Sciences, Humanities and Natural Sciences. The scholarship expenses will cover tuition fees, return airfares a monthly allowance worth ¥117,000.
12. Matsumae Research Fellowship for Natural Science, Engineering and Medicine: This is a fellowship established by the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), geared towards a more developed Japan and peaceful globe. The field of study under this program includes science, engineering and medicine (which are given priority). The fellowship can be taken in any institution in Japan. Value of fellowship includes a stipend for research, stay insurance, air transportation and lump sum on arrival. The programme duration is between three weeks to six months.
13 Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships for Teacher Training Students: This program is funded by the Japanese government, established to provide scholarship for Primary/Secondary school teachers who desire to take teacher training course and Japanese language training in Japan. Only countries with a diplomatic relationship with Japan are eligible to apply and the applicant must not be above 34 years old at the time of application. The beneficiaries will receive ¥143,000 per month, ¥2,000 or ¥3,000 per month for research, economy-class aeroplane ticket, tuition fee and matriculation fee.
14. Japan-WCO International Masters Scholarships for Young Customs Officials in Developing Countries: This programme is created to help international students from developing countries pursue Master’s level studies and training in Customs related fields in Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) at the university in Tokyo, Japan. The programme is full funded with a ¥147,000 monthly stipend.
15. The National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) Scholarships: This program is for students from developing countries as well as other eligible countries who wish to undertake Masters or PhD programs. The courses available are Public Policy; Public Finance; Macroeconomic Policy; Economics, Planning and Public Policy; Disaster Management Policy; Maritime Safety and Security Policy; Japanese and Culture. The scholarship covers a monthly stipend for living expenses such as food, clothing, and other daily expenses, ticket fee, admission fee and tuition fee.
Conclusion: There are quite a numbers of scholarships in Japan for international students. They are provided to ease learning for students and also to woo international to explore potentials in the country. As a developed country, Japan is one of the best places to choose for international studies as it gives room for job opportunities, networking and a modern learning experience. Scholarships make learning more convenient and easier, if you are qualified, why don’t you apply for the List Of Top 15 Fully-Funded Scholarship In Japan.
Hope this information on the List Of Top 15 Fully-Funded Scholarship In Japan was useful, then don’t forget to share with your friends.