Are you tired of Facebook and you are looking for how to delete Facebook account permanently? You are in the right place. here is a comprehensive guide on how you can quit Facebook even right now. So, if this is really what you want to know, then, read on and learn.
Deleting your Facebook account doesn’t take an eternity. It is very simple that almost everyone should know. Well, if you all know, I wouldn’t be writing this to you. So, stay put and read.
Also See: How To Protect Your Facebook Data & Stop Facebook From Using Them
Before I go on showing you how to delete Facebook account, I want you to know it is different from deactivating a Facebook account. Don’t be among those who make this silly mistake every no and then. let me clear your doubts.
Differences Between Reactivation & Deleting Facebook Account
A lot of people make this mistake. To deactivate Facebook account is different from deleting Facebook account. Here are the differences between these two.
Deactivating Facebook Account
When you deactivate your account, here is what happens.
- You have temporarily gone offline in the hope that you can reactivate your account whenever you want to.
- Facebook users will not be able to see your timeline or even search for you.
- Also, it means that some vital details, including the messages you sent, will remain visible to others.
- Facebook will retain your account details pending when you reactivate.
Also See: Best Facebook Content Ideas For Small Business Owners
Deleting Facebook Account
To delete your account is something entirely different. It means the following:
- Once your account is deleted, it cannot be recovered again.
- Copies of your details may remain with Facebook but will be disassociated from identifying you.
- Facebook will delay deleting your account in the event you change your mind. Your request for deleting your account will be cancelled if you log in again within this waiting period.
- When your account is deleted, it takes up to 90 days for your data to be deleted from Facebook’s server.
- Your friends could still have access to messages you sent them because the message is not in your account but in their own.
How To Delete Facebook Account Permanently
So, here is your guide to go.
- Log into your account and click on the triangle arrow in your account.
- Go to settings and then click on “Your Facebook Information”.
- Next is to click on “Delete Yur Account & information”.
- next step, click on “Delete My Account”.
- You will be required to enter your password and then click on “continue’.
- Finally, click on “delete Account”.
How To Deactivate Facebook Account
To deactivate your Facebook account, here is your guideline.
- Log into your Facebook account and then click on the down triangle arrow on the top of your account.
- Then, go to your settings.
- In the left column, you will see the option for “General”. Click on it.
- Then, click on “manage your account”.
- Next, click on “Deactivate your account”.
- Go through the instructions given and deactivate the account.
Also See: How To Create New Facebook Account
How To Reactivate Your Account
To reactivate an account you deactivated, simply log into your account and your account will be active again.
You have seen the differences between deleting and deactivating your Facebook account. This should be very helpful in guiding you on the best decision to make.
Leave a Reply