The Federal University Otuoke is a federal government-owned University located in Otuoke, a town in Ogbia local government area of Bayelsa State, Southern Nigeria. The Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa State is one of the twelve new federal universities in Nigeria established in 2011. There are Job Vacancies at Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa State. And application closing date for these job vacancies at federal university of Federal University Otuoke is on 23rd August 2018.
Federal University Otuoke is inviting applications from suitably qualified applicants to fill the job vacancies at federal university Otuoke, Bayelsa. Below are the lists of job vacancies at federal university Otuoke, Bayelsa.
Job Vacancies at Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa/Job Requirements
- Job Title: University Librarian
- Candidates must a PhD degree in Library Science
- Have evidence of at least four (4) recent scholarly publications related to library/information science in reputable journals and 2 books
- Be a member of library registration council of Nigeria (LRCN) as well as the Nigerian library association (NLA) and be ICT compliant
- Candidates must have spent five (5) years as a deputy Liberian or its equivalent in a Tertiary Institution.
- The candidate must possess good managerial skills and competencies including a clear understanding of the nature and dynamics of the intricacies in deploying information technologies as tools for the management of information collections in line with global best practices in contemporary university libraries.
Salary and Conditions of Service
The salary and conditions of service of the University Librarian shall be as obtainable in federal universities and as determined from time to time by the federal government of Nigeria
- Job Title: Chief Security Officer
- Candidates must possess HND Degree with specialized training in the Police/Armed forces and other related services with twelve (12) years cognate experience. A certificate in specialized security training and/ or a possession of a master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Deputy superintended of police or equivalent ranks in the Armed forces with eighteen (18) years experience plus at least five (5) credit at not more than two sittings including English and Mathematics in SSCE/NECO
- Candidate should not be more than sixty (60) years of age on assumption of duty
- Candidate must be able to conduct drills and should show evidence of good communication skill and crisis management.
Salary and Conditions of Service
The salary and conditions of service of the University Librarian shall be as obtainable in federal universities and as determined from time to time by the federal government of Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit fifteen type-written copies of their application letters and curricula Vitae in an envelope. The application must include academic and professional qualifications, birth certificate or statutory declaration of age, list of publications, where applicable, verifiable evidence of work experience and curriculum vitae that includes the following information.
- Full Name
- Post Desired
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent home address
- Current postal address
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Marital status
- Institution attended with dates
- Academic qualifications with dates
- Professional qualifications with dates
- Work Experience, General and specific Experience with Dates.
- Extra-curricular Activities.
Applications should be forwarded in an envelope and addressed to the Vice-Chancellor, Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State.
Please note: candidates should request their referees to send, under confidential cover, their independent reports to the Vice-Chancellor with full details of the applicant and the post applied for not later than the closing date. The reference letter should be marked “CONFIDENTIAL” on the right-hand corner of the envelope.
Note: Application closing date is on 23rd August 2018
Leave a comment in the box below…