The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – In September 2014 UNICEF began implementing a joint programme with UN Women on Women, Peace and Security (WPS) funded by the European Union (EU). United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is Recruiting for the position of Communications Specialist at United Nations Children’s Fund, application method is as below follow the steps.
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
Application Process United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Job Recruitment
For you to apply follow the steps below and make sure you reach the minimum requirements.
How Can You Make A Difference – Job Vacancy: Communications Specialist at United Nations Children’s Fund
You will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring communications and advocacy strategies and related initiatives to improve the rights, survival and wellbeing of the most disadvantaged children.
- Develop and manage advocacy and communications strategies, activities and work plans related to UNICEF’s programmatic areas.
- Develop and build relationships with key journalists and other influencers and acts as a spokesperson to help put children on the top of the public agenda.
- Develop communication and media materials, including media and public engagement plans.
- Create guidance and tools to implement communications and public advocacy activities and measure their effectiveness.
- Collaborate with colleagues across sections and offices to establish UNICEF’s leadership role in advocacy and communication.
- Manage and oversee the execution of digital initiatives as well as monitoring and analysis of digital trends and their impact on UNICEF’s brand.
- Identify new opportunities and innovative practices on the use of multiple media and social and digital platforms.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners, including youth and community advocates and other influencers to advance UNICEF’s mission.Identify, build and maintain partnerships and influence agenda setting for resource mobilization initiatives, including during emergencies.
Communications Specialist at United Nations Children’s Fund Requirements For Application
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have the following:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s) in Communication, Journalism, Public Information, Public Relations, Marketing, Branding and Social Sciences or a directly related field(s);
- Readiness to be assigned to any UNICEF office worldwide, including non-family and emergency duty stations;
- Good understanding of world affairs, current events and development issues;
- A minimum of eight years of progressive, relevant work experience in communication, media, advocacy and/or digital media role, including in international/multicultural settings;
- Experience in humanitarian emergency and conflict settings is desirable.
- Proficiency in English (written & verbal) and working knowledge (intermediate) of another official language of the United Nations (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish);
- Prior knowledge of working for the United Nations or international aid organizations is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- International Professional Staff Members are expected to rotate to another duty station upon completion of their tour of duty.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply For Job Vacancy: Communications Specialist at United Nations Children’s Fund
Qualified and interested candidates should click on the link below.
Application Deadline For Position of Communications Specialist at United Nations Children’s Fund
Interested and qualified persons are expected to apply on or before 9th January, 2018