So far is been so confusing to figure out the JAMB Admission Requirements for 2016/20217 academy session. But recently the Joint Matriculations Board (JAMB), has released a statement containing the exact criteria for 2016 admission. Which Online Page we have covered.
The 2016 admission would not require the conduct of another test either written or oral, as candidates would only present their Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE)/Advanced Level results for verification and clearing purposes, adding that WAEC, NECO and NBTE results or their equivalent are acceptable as matriculation requirements.
“Admission would be based on three pillars: merit, catchment and educationally disadvantaged states.”
JAMB Admission Requirements for 2016/20217 –
candidates are to present their;
- Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) results or Advanced Level (AL) results for verification and clearing purposes.
- Each candidate, according to the statement, is expected to have a minimum of five credits at SSCE, including English, Mathematics and any other three relevant subjects to his or her discipline.
Please Note that WAEC, NECO and NBTE results or its equivalent were acceptable as matriculation requirements.
The statement added: “Any candidate that does not possess the requirements as listed above is deemed to have failed the screening.
However, JAMB has given an instructions to all institutions across the country, Nigeria that any institution that has a shortfall in the admitted candidates could make-up for candidates from other departments on the institutions list.
So having letting know all the JAMB Admission Requirements for 2016/20217 its also important that you visit the JAMB official website to know where or the institution you have been newly posted for Admission. Use the guide below to do so now.
Check Admission Status 2016/2017 @ Jamb.org.ng | How to Check Where you have been posted for Admission Consideration
Its very important you check now where you have been posted for admission consideration because the institution you previously applied might not accommodate for reason not explained here. So here is how to know were admission is likely to come from;
- Logon to www.JAMB.org.ng
- In the 2016 TAB click on the “Check Where you have been posted for Admission Consideration”
- Wait a little while for the new page to open (this depending on the network whether slow or fast) – Now enter Only your JAMB registration Number correctly
- The click “Check Where you have been posted for Admission Consideration”
- You are likely to get two different response which is;
- Telling you that you have now been considered in so so University OR
- That your Data is still under progress
So if you have be considered in a particular institution, they will name it there for you and tell you the next thing to follow. Then at this point its now left for you to follow up your admission and get latest info concerning that institution JAMB placed you to likely gain admission.