How to Receive Money from Western Union to Your GTbank Account
Western Union is the largest provider of international money transfers, with over 500,000 agent locations in 200 countries and territories around the globe. Western Union offers transfers made in person, online and by phone that can be deposited into your recipient’s bank account or be available for them to pick up within minutes. The western union service is a quick and reliable means of sending and receiving money all around the world.
GTbank is one of western union highly recommended agents in Africa and the world as it offers fast and efficient service for customers to funds money. In this article, we will discuss the different ways on how to receive money directly to your GTbank account through western.
GTbank Internet Banking Method
- Log into GTbank website at gtbank.com
- Click on GTCollection.
- Select “new request”
- Click on “western union receive money”.
- Enter payment details on the form displayed.
- Answer the secret question in the field provided.
- Check the “terms and conditions”
- Read the terms and conditions then click on the “continue button”.
- Proceed to the confirmation page and click “submit” to execute the transaction.
- View transaction history to confirm a successful transaction and click on “view receipt” to print your transaction receipt.
How to Receive Money through GTbank ATM
- Enter your pin on the ATM.
- Click the Western Union option.
- Agree to terms and conditions
- Select account type
- Select the country where the funds were sent from (sending country)
- And where a country is not available, enter the sending country code / ISO Code
- Enter the expected amount in Naira
- Enter the GTBank NUBAN account of the receiving party
- And enter the 10-digit Money Transfer Control Number (“MTCN”).
- Upon confirmation of the transaction, the transfer amount will be credited into the receiving GTBank account.
Western Union Account Based Money Transfer (ABMT)
Western Union has launched Account Based Money Transfer (ABMT) which allows you to quickly receive money directly into your GTBank Account online real-time! Without the need to visit any Agent office.
NOTE: you will need to have activated GT internet Banking and Obtained Token Device. You can do this at any nearest GTbank branch near you.
Some benefits of Western Union Account Based Money Transfer (ABMT) are:
- Enjoy 24/7 convenience to complete fund receipt processes from your home or office
- Save time as you no longer need to go to the bank
- Experience the same fast and secure Western Union standard
Adding ABMT to your Internet Banking services
- Log on to GTBank Internet Banking from gtbank.com
- On the Left Menu, Select Self Service, and click Add Service(s)
- Scroll to Select “Western Union Receive Money” – Enter you Secret answer to save. Digits generated from you Token device is also required to confirm the service added.
Now that you have the Western Union Receive Money Service added to your internet banking platform, see below on how to use it.
How to receive Western Union directly into GT Bank account.
- On the Left side menu, Select the “Requests” and click “Western Union Receive Money”
- Fill out the form correctly, take note of the “Account to credit” field (Receiving in Naira or if you have Domiciliary accounts linked to your Internet Banking – Select the correct Currency)
- Submit after entering Your test question and answer, Secret answer – Wait for the transaction to be processed.
- Confirm that the amount expected has been deposited.
NOTE: Failed attempts will require 15 minutes to fix, so make sure every detail is correct
Receive Western Union Money Transfer Funds through Quicker
- Log on to Quickteller.com
- Click the on the Send and Receive Money tile
- Click the Western Union tile
- Select Wema bank
- Under “Choose currency” select “Naira”
- Click “Receive money now” and the Western Union – Receive Money data page opens
- Now carefully enter the following details:
- The MTCN(Money Transfer Control Number) as provided by the sender
- Sender’s Country
- Receiving account number. your bank account number where you wish to receive the funds
- Receiving account type. either current or savings
- Expected Amount in Naira as provided by the sender
- Under Receiving Currencyleave the name of the bank and Naira as default.
- First Name (Receiving Account)which is your account first name as it appears at your bank
- Surname (Receiving Account)which is your account surname as it appears at your bank
- Mobile Number– your mobile number
- Answer to test questions provided by the sender
- Click “Continue”
- Confirm the details provided.
Leave a comment below…