Floyd Mayweather defeats Manny Pacquiao
Floyd Mayweather emerged victorious from the most lucrative fight in history, beating Manny Pacquiao via a wide unanimous decision in Las Vegas.
American Mayweather, 38, delivered a defensive masterclass against his Philippine rival at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, making the necessary adjustments after only a few rounds before disappearing out of sight.
The win extended Mayweather’s remarkable 19-year unbeaten record to 48-0, putting him within one fight of equalling Rocky Marciano’s legendary milestone of 49-0.
The 38-year-old Mayweather retained his World Boxing Council and World Boxing Association welterweight titles and seized Pacquiao’s World Boxing Organization belt by winning the fight on all three of the judges’ scorecards.
Floyd Mayweather Statistics so far:
- Real name – Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
- Nickname(s) – Pretty Boy, Money, TBE (The Best Ever)
- Rated at – Super featherweight (130 lb), Lightweight (135 lb), Light welterweight (140 lb), Welterweight (147 lb), Light middleweight (154 lb)
- Height – 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)
- Reach – 72 in (183 cm)
- Nationality – American
- Born – February 24, 1977 (age 38),
Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S.
- Stance – Orthodox
Boxing record of Floyd Mayweather
- Total fights – 48
- Wins – 48
- Wins by KO – 26
- Losses – 0
- Draws – 0
- No contests – 0