The Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr has release his final FIFA world cup 2018 23 man squad list that will take place in Russia. The super eagles final 23 man Squad will lead Nigeria to the world cup in Russia which is around the corner. Gernot Rohr had late last month dropped four players from his provisional list for the competition and has now trimmed the squad to 23 men.
Captain John Mikel Obi, Elderson Echiejile, Eddy Onazi, Ahmed Musa, Kenneth Omeruo, Jeol Obi and victor Moses were name on the list. Young Chelsea defender Ola Aina, and Porto midfielder mikel Agu will not be traveling with the national team to Russia after they were dropped by Gernot Rohr. But they will be on standby if there is any problem or injury.
The three time African champions lost 2-1 to England on Saturday in a world cup friendly game held at the wembley stadium. The Super eagles will take Czech Republic on Wednesday 6th June 2018 as they head to Austria for the team’s final phase preparation ahead of the FIFA world cup that will take place in Russia where they will face Croatia, Iceland and Argentina in the Group stages.
The super eagles final 23 man squad list contains three goalkeepers, eight defenders, six midfielders and six strikers.
Here are the names and clubs of super Eagles final 23 man squad list for the FIFA world cup 2018.
- Francis Uzoho (Deportivo La coruna).
- Ikechukukwu Ezenwa (Enyima).
- Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United)
- William Troost-Ekong (Bursaspor).
- Abdullahi Shehu (Bursaspor).
- Tyronne Ebuehi ( Benfica).
- Elderson Echiejile (Cercle Brugge KSV).
- Bryan Idowu (Amkar Perm).
- Chidozie Awaziem (Nantes FC).
- Leon Balogun (Brighton).
- Kenneth Omeruo (Kasimpasa).
- John Mikel Obi (Tianjin Teda)
- Ogenyi Onazi (Trabzonspor).
- Willfred Ndidi (Leicester City).
- Oghenekaro Etebo (Las Palmas).
- John Ogu (Hapoel Be’er Sheva).
- Jeol Obi (Torino)
- Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow).
- Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City).
- Victor Moses (Chelsea).
- Odion Ighalo (Changchun Yatai).
- Alex Iwobi (Arsenal).
- Simeon Nwankwo (Crotone).