There are lots of things to watch and learn on YouTube. However, without data, it is often difficult. Sometimes, you have some videos you want to watch repeatedly. But, if you don’t have the video offline, you will be burning your data to watch them each time you want to. This is why it is important to learn how to download YouTube videos offline on your android phone.
This guideline is not for you if
a. You can afford the money to burn on data every time you want to watch YouTube videos
b. You don’t like watching YouTube videos offline.
c. You don’t care if your money is wasted on data every single time.
Well, I know you don’t belong to the above category. But, if you do, well, I can’t help you.
So, for those who really want to download YouTube videos offline on their smartphone, then, stay with me as I guide you through the 2 different methods I use to achieve this.
How To Download YouTube Videos Offline On Android
For me, I use two methods to do this. I am sure you will find these very helpful on your own as well.
- Through YouTube Go app
- Using YouTube Video Downloader Apps
Using YouTube Go
YouTube Go is another version of YouTube produced by Google. It is just like having Facebook Lite on your phone. You can actually use this app the same way you use the normal YouTube app on your device. However, this YouTube Go app allows you to download YouTube videos for offline viewing.
This app is faster especially when you don’t have a strong network and also allows you to watch videos in different data size. Let’s show you how to download YouTube videos on the YouTube Go app.
- The first step is to open or download YouTube Go app on your phone. You can get this from the Google Play Store.
- After you have installed and downloaded the app, go ahead and open it.
- Search for the video you want to watch and download. Then, click on it.
- You will be given 3 different options
- Basic quality
- Standard quality, and
- High quality.
- The quality of the video will be determined by the option you choose. Select any of the 3 options.
- Afterwards, you can either choose to watch the video or download it.
- Tap on “download”.
- Allow the video to download and are now ready to watch it offline.
- Please note that this video will be downloaded directly into the app. You can always open it and watch the video.
Using YouTube Video Downloader App
Have you heard of video downloaders? I bet you have. You can use any video downloader to download a YouTube video for offline access. There are many out there, but I use Tubemate. I suppose almost all of them will have the same guideline. So, here we go.
- Search for and download the Tubemate app online.
- Launch and open the app. Select “YouTube” from the list of options.
- Search for the video you want to download, tap on it and allow it open.
- Once the video starts to play, you will be given the option of downloading it with a downward arrow.
- Tap on the arrow.
- You will be given different options to choose from. Choose any one that appeals to you and then download the video.
- Have fun.
These are the two different ways I use to download YouTube videos offline on my android device. I have shared everything with you. All you need to do is to follow this guide and start downloading yours right away.
Got questions? Ask!