Change Gmail Password | Steps to Recover Password on PC & Phone
Talking about Gmail, it is a free advertising-supported email service developed by Google. Presently, Users have access to Gmail on the web and through the mobile apps for Android and iOS, as well as through third-party programs that synchronize email content through POP or IMAP protocols. Therefore, in-order to change your password there are some right steps that will give you the way out to Change Gmail Password.
However, there are some basic reasons while we use the password on the account. It helps in terms of securing all messages and all other document from being read by fraudsters. Now read through on the steps to recover and Change Gmail Password both on your PC and Mobile.
Steps to change Gmail Password on PC & Phone
How to Change Your Password on Pc;
The following are the ways by which one can change the password;
- Firstly, you should Visit www.gmail.com or www.mail.google.com
- Then sign in with your account email address and recent password.
- After that you ensure you allow the Gmail inbox to load up.
Note that if you do not get signed in automatically it simply means you are using a different computer or you probably logged out the last time you were online.
- On the gear icon click ‘Settings’ at the top right corner menu
- Then try to click the “Accounts and Import’’ tab in order to change password
- After you have Clicked that, tap on ‘’Change password’’ on top in the ‘’Change account settings’’ box. This will allow you to indicate that you want to insert and change your password.
- Type your current Google password once again where you are redirected to. This allows you to secure your password from an unknown person who wants to change the password.
- Then click ‘Next’ immediately to a new screen.
- After you can type the new password and confirm it by repeating the same password you entered.
- Finally, you can go ahead to Tap ‘’Change Password’’. This has actually give you access to change your password.
How to Change Your Password On Mobile Phone;
Here is how to go about changing your password on Mobile phone;
- Go to ‘’settings’’ on the app of your Android (Smart Phone)
- Then scroll to ‘’Personal section’’ to select ‘Google Services’, ‘Google’ or ‘Google Accounts’ (This depends on the make of your device).
- Click ‘Sign-in & security’ in the ‘Account’ box
- Then Tap on ‘Password’ to change your password to a new one.
- Here you will now be taken to the accounts.google.com web page where you will need to insert a new password that you can remember.
- Then straight up you can now type the new password you will be using.
- Immediately click on ‘Next’ which will move to a new view.
- Lastly, you can click on Change your password. Then you are good to go. (You now have a new password)
Steps To Recover Your Forgotten Password;
In case you couldn’t remember your current password you can still recover it through the following right steps below;
- Simple open the Google Accounts Recovery page @ https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery
- Then Type your Gmail ID or phone number you use in registration
- Followed by the last password you remember or an hint of the password
- But in case you remember none of them, just move you cursor to the ‘Try a different question’ section. (a link at the bottom).
- Here you will be required to answer the question you indicated when running your registration.
- But if you can remember the question, you can simply allow your account to send a message through phone call or messsages to your phone number where you can verify the account.
- Then Click ‘’continue’’ with the verification code sent to your phone.
Kindly do your friends well by sharing this post on how to Change Gmail Password on PC & Phone also don’t don’t fail to comment below how helpful this has being to you.