When you apply for a US visa, you will be invited for a visa interview before the visa application will be granted. The success of your visa application is dependent on how successful your visa interview is. However, you need to first learn how to book US visa interview before you can talk about going for the interview.
So, the following guidelines will be all you need. We have ensured to give you step by step analysis to make sure you are properly guided. All you need to do is to follow the guidelines here and you will be successful with booking your US visa application interview.
Before that, let’s look at the requirements you need.
Required Documents For US Visa Interview
Before you can book an appointment for your US visa application, you will need to have the following documents ready.
- You will need a valid international passport. The validity of the passport must be at least 6 months beyond your intended stay in America. Please note that if you have more than a person in your passport, each of them must submit a visa application, if they want a visa too.
- Then, provide the receipt of your US visa application fee which is paid to GTBank.
- Furthermore, you will need your DS-160 confirmation page. This contains the full names and details of the visa applicant.
- You will also need to have a valid email address and contact phone number.
- Some different more requirements could be needed depending on your type of visa application.
Once you have these ready, you can go ahead and schedule for the visa application interview.
How To Book US Visa Interview In Nigeria
So, now you have the required documents ready, you can schedule your Visa appointment using these tips below.
- Visit the US visa application portal here and start the process.
- When the page opens, you need to look for and click on “new user”.
- In the next opened page, you will be required to submit the following details
- full name
- When you are done, you will see a CAPTCHA code. Type it in and then click on “submit”.
- Afterwards, you will be logged in to your new account. When the account opens, you will see an option that reads “schedule appointment”
- Click on it and then follow the guidelines. The following details will be required:
- international passport number
- the visa application fee receipt you made at GTBank.
- also, you will submit some other personal details that you can see on the passport.
- You will then select your visa type.
- Furthermore, you will be required to add dependents. This is for those who are travelling with family members.
- Next is to select your document delivery location.
- Then, you will need to select the date and time you want to go for the interview.
- Once you are done, submit it. They will process it and send you the interview confirmation via the email you submitted.
- Get ready and go for your interview. Ensure you go on time with all required documents as well as being well dressed.
Where Is The Visa Interview?
The interview can be held in two different locations.
- US Embassy In Abuja, or
- The US Consulate Office, Lagos.
Do you have any question on this? Use the comment box below to ask.