This is a full tutorial on how to apply Mastercard Foundation Scholarship. We will take you through everything you need to know about the Mastercard Foundation scholars program. Also, every requirements, payment, eligibility and application processing issues will be treated in here. Before that, let’s find out what this program is all about.
About Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is specifically founded to help in developing Africa’s next generation of leaders. As a result, the emphasis is placed on students who are not only talented but do not have the necessary financial capacity to fulfil their bright promise. So, this scholarship comes to help make that dream a reality.
All successful applicants are provided with the support that ranges from finance social and through to academic supports. The financial support covers the education materials, books, accommodation as well as the tuition fees.
Furthermore, this scholarship is limited to secondary, universities and master’s degree programs.
How To Apply MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
There are many things you will need to know before you apply for the Mastercard scholarship successfully. We will be taking all of these one step after the other.
Who is eligible for the Mastercard scholarship? Generally, the eligibility for the Mastercard scholarship is not fixed because of the different partner institutions involved. Each university usually brings out their very own eligibility. However, Mastercard has outlined general eligibility you must attain before applying.
- You must be 29 years or less if you are applying for the bachelor’s degree scholarships.
- You must be 35 years or less to apply for the Master’s degree scholarships.
- If you meet up with this very requirement, you will need to check out the particular institution’s requirements.
Please take note of the following.
- You must be strong academically.
- Furthermore, you must have displayed a strong commitment to impacting others lives.
- Each institution is expected to outline its application process and the decisionmaking processes for selecting the candidates.
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Deadline
Every university and partner institutions fixed their deadlines independent of Mastercard Foundation.
Mastercard Admission & Application Fee
Each institution can decide to add application fees. They are at liberty to do so. Please note that the application fees will be reimbursed to the successful candidates when selected.
The admission fees also differ from one partner to another. You need to verify them.
The Mastercard Scholarship Application Process
- First thing you should do is to identify the university you want to apply to. you can do that here by visiting the Mastercard Foundation Scholars portal.
- The second step is to diligently research the website of the university. Check out the full details of the scholarship including the eligibility criteria, requirements, deadlines, and other application instructions.
- If you meet up with the requirements and eligibility status, then, go ahead to apply. Submit all relevant documents that are required. Please note that you can apply to as many institutions as possible.
- If the application requires you to take some tests, go ahead and take the test. It is important to take the test ahead of your application process. This will ensure that the test result is ready before the deadline. Some of these tests could be SAT, TOEFL or IELTS.
- Get your references ready. Your references should give you a recommendation letter as required by most institutions.
- Ensure you follow the instructions of the university because MasterCard isn’t involved in the application processes.
Also See: How To Do Change Of Name In Nigeria
Full List Of Mastercard Partner Institutions and or Universities
Below is the full list of all universities and institutions through which the Mastercard scholarship is applied for. They include:
- African Leadership Academy
- American University of Beirut
- Ashesi University College
- Science Po
- University of Abomey-Calavi
- University of Cape Town
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Gondar
- Wellesley College
- University of Pretoria
- African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
- Arizona State University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- McGill University
- University of British Columbia
Finally, if you have any question, use the comment box.