The federal government job through USAJOBS has agencies throughout the United State, to enable those in search for job to get one. Peradventure you are interested in a job with the federal government you are in the right place. Just belief the job is yours. However, the procedures and requirements are all listed here for you to be guided.
All you need to note is that there are opportunities are always available for federal government Jobs. Keep read you will see what we are talking about.
How to Apply for Federal Government Job Through USAJOBS
- Visit USAJOBS Official Website
- Click on ‘Create USAJOBS Profile’ to create an account and complete your profile to apply to any job on USAJOBS. (With USAJOBS account and profile you can save jobs, automate job searches and manage everything you need to complete your application, including resumes and required documents.
- Go ahead to ’sign up’ by entering your email address and username
- Click ‘create account’
- Proceed to Search for the jobs that interest you (It’s best to sign into your account before doing a search. Simply because, your profile information will be used to improve your job search results).
- You can now review the job announcements for those jobs to see if you qualify for it.
- The next step is to prepare your application in USAJOBS. (To start your application, click ’Apply’ and you will be directed to a five-step process where you’ll attach a resume and any required documents).
- Submit your application to the federal agency with the opening through USAJOBS.
Note: During the application process you can review, edit, delete and update your information. Your Information will automatically save your progress as you go, so that you won’t lose any changes.
Submission of Application and USAJOB Offer
- When your application is ready, you’ll be sent from USAJOBS to the agency application system and then you can submit your application.
- Before you submit, you may need to complete other agency-required steps such as a questionnaire or uploading additional documents.
- The time it takes to submit an application depends on the job you are applying for and the agency’s requirements.
- You can check the status of your application in your USAJOBS account. When the agency receives your application, the status will change to “Received” which usually happens within a few hours after completion of your application.
- You may also receive an email confirmation from the agency application system, but not all agencies send emails.
- Once the job announcement is closed, the hiring agency will review your application to make sure you’re eligible and meet the job qualifications. The hiring agency will place applicants into quality categories: Minimum qualified Highest qualified
- After all applications are reviewed, the hiring agency will send the highest qualified applicants to the hiring official—these applicants will see a Referred status in their application status. All other applicants (not being considered) will see a Not Referred status.
- The hiring official will review applications and decide who to interview based on agency policy. Hiring officials can interview applicants using: A panel, In-person, Video, Phone
- The agency will contact applicants directly to schedule interviews. (It may take some time to schedule interviews, depending on the number of applicants being interviewed)
- After interviewing applicants, the hiring agency will select a candidate(s) and contact him or her to start the job offer process.
Requirement and Eligibility for USAJOBS
Any Applicant who is interested in any of the available jobs should read the entire announcement to determine if you are eligible and meet the qualifications. It’s important to read the announcement, because there are required qualifications you must meet and include in your application. i.e (each jobs has its own requirements).
This has actually educated someone out there who wish to know How to Apply for Federal Government Job. Share with friends.
Ask your question below using the comment box.