Free Website-Building Services – There are a lot of options out there and We shall be listing few of them, but some Website-Building Services are great, some poor, some cheap, some expensive; so it’s worth spending some time comparing features before making final decision on which one to choose.
What you should know about the free Website-Building Services :
- Most offer limited services for free sites and typically place advertisements on your site.
Your website will most likely also be a subdomain of the host site instead of its own site (e.g. yoursite.host.com instead of yoursite.com).
- Most hosts have a limit on how much data you can upload for your webpage, and this is typically very limited. This means that if you intend to have a media-rich site with images and video, you may not be able to effectively use a free site.
- Different free hosts have different policies regarding creating online stores. If you intend to create an e-commerce website, ensure that the service you pick can adequately support your goals.
- Most free hosts have low bandwidth limits as well. This means they don’t work very well as file hosts, as downloading files can quickly max your data allowance.
Check to see if the host allows you to upload your own websites. Most free services have web page creation tools and don’t allow you to upload your own custom code. This works for most basic needs, but if you want to be able to create your own site, make sure that the host allows it.
List of Free Website-Building Services (Free Hosting Sites)
Some of the more popular free hosting sites include:
- WordPress – great for blogs, small to medium-sized websites of all kinds.
- Drupal – great for medium to large-sized websites.
- Google Sites (Blogger) – following WordPress for lagerest users
- Wikia – great for wikis
We shall give you more updates…
But if you feel they are other better Free Website-Building Services (Free Hosting Sites) which are not listed here, kindly use the comment box below to indicate.